Are you bored with the look of Facebook? Do you want to change the color of Facebook’s theme to something other than the default blue? If you’ve answered yes to both questions, I don’t blame you! After being a member of Facebook for over 4 years now, I’m also tired of the same old design and style.
Thankfully, we have cool online tools like iStyla to come to the rescue, which I’m going to share with you today. iStyla is a Chrome extension that allows you to change the look and design of Facebook to just about anything you’d like.
iStyla has a theme store full of themes (mostly free) that you can use. Best of all, if you visit someone else’s profile page who is also using iStyla, you’ll be able to see their theme as long as the extension is enabled.
So, if you’re ready to change the style of Facebook, let’s get started.
1. Click any of the “Get Started Today!” buttons on the home page of the iStyla website and you’ll be directed to the Chrome extension download page.
2. Once installed, you will see the iStyla icon at the top of your browser, along with the rest of your extension icons. Click on it and sign into your Facebook account.
3. After signing in, you’ll have the opportunity to support iStyla and post about it on Facebook, but you can skip this step if you’d like.
4. Finally, click on the green “Show Me The Store!” button to see iStyla’s theme store.
The Theme Store
1. In the theme store, you’ll see a welcome message and the option to be “shown around.” If you click “yes,” you’ll be taken through a short virtual tour.
2. You’ll probably notice that the iStyla theme store looks very much like the Chrome Web Store: search bar at the top, categories on the right, featured content at the top and all other themes below that.
3. You can navigate through the store to find the perfect theme or you can create your own – click on the arrow next to your name at the top right of the screen.
You’ll see a menu pop-up with a few options; click on “Developers” if you’re interested in making your own theme.
iStyla has a theme editor tool that makes it really easy to design your own Facebook theme.
4. When you find a theme that you like, click on the “Free” or “1 Credit” button to install it. Some themes may require credits, which you’ll need to buy with cash; the majority of them are free though.
You’ll see a confirmation message letting you know that your theme has been installed and activated.
5. Now go to Facebook and you should see your new theme. If you don’t like it, just go back and find a new one.
Although many of iStyla‘s themes may give your Facebook page a MySpace-like feel, there are some diamonds in the rough. It may take some time, but you can definitely find some simple themes that will give Facebook a fresh new look.
Don’t forget that you can also create your own as well. Don’t be afraid to bring out your inner creativity!