Facebook keeps on introducing new features, some allures the users and some not. One of the biggest change by Facebook is it’s profile timeline. Facebook Timeline is a new way using which users can change the look and feel of their Facebook profile page. Facebook Timeline is like your bio, a life in short, describing all your activities, likes and shares on Facebook timeline in some blocks which are interconnected to a thread. If you have already enabled the Facebook timeline, then it’s cool and the one who are yet to change it can get it right now. Here’s a short tutorial and introduction on how to enable the Facebook Timeline.
Enabling Facebook Timeline is one easy task. So here it goes.
How To Enable Facebook Timeline?
- First of all, make sure you are logged in to your Facebook account.
- Now, visit this link to get abreast with Facebook Timeline and how it looks like.
- There’s a button, “Get It Now”, click on it to activate the Facebook Timeline.
- Now, Facebook timeline is enabled on your Facebook Profile.
Confused by the loads of blocks and cluttered design of the Facebook Timeline? Well, initially, you may not find that flexible to use. Although, Facebook provides you seven days to preview the Facebook Timeline, so use it, if you are well versed with it’s functionalities and if you are liking the new design, then just let it be. Else, users against the use of it, can revert back to the old Facebook Profile too (but be sure to decide that before the 7 days, as after that the Facebook Timeline for your profile will be set permanent.)
Now if you have made your mind to keep it, then let me introduce you, how it works.
Introduction To Facebook Timeline
- Previously, there used to one Facebook Profile photos, now Facebook Timeline uses two of them, where one is the normal Facebook display pic and one large 720 pixels wide photo known as cover photo.
- Now comes your information, to update your information, click on the Update Info under the cover photo. Edit the desired part, fill up your details, confirm by clicking the Done Editing. That’s how you update and edit your information.
- To update statuses, photos, you can choose this menu(shown in the image above) which is located just beneath your Facebook Timeline.
- To hide or edit your status shown on the Facebook Timeline, users can click on the pencil icon to change the status accordingly. (Have a look at the photo to get the clear idea).
- If you want to have a look at your Activities, just click on the Activity Log button right beside the Update Info button. From there you can check out your activities.
- Moreover, rest the features are same and can be accessible and used like the same old Facebook. It’s just the Facebook Profile which has a new makeover.
Enjoy the all new Facebook Timeline. In case, you are confused over something, comment down to get an instant help.
N.B: If Facebook is blocked at your school, office or college, learn how to open Facebook when blocked.