With difference in size of a monitor display, sometimes Windows may not able to set the best display settings for your monitor, after all, different devices including laptop, CRT monitors requires different display settings according to the display size and some other aspects you would see in this blog post. So choosing best display settings for a monitor depends on screen resolution, refresh rate, and color, based on your monitor. So this article is about how to tweak your monitor display for the best settings.
If you are having LCD display monitors, follow this guide to get best display settings for your LCD device
First thing to work on is the Screen resolution of your LCD monitor. If you think, images on the screen are appearing to big/small or unclear, try changing the screen resolution of your laptop. Probably in most cases, your laptops screen resolution is set to recommended accordingly. But sometimes it causes some problems. Here’s how to tweak it.
- Move down the path Control Panel > Appearance and Personalization > Display > Screen Resolution. Lazy people can right-click to open Screen Resolution settings.
- On a new window, click on Detect and Identify to configure the screen resolution to it’s best settings. Or you can also change the screen resolution settings by the slider or by the drop down listings.
- What! It’s flickering a lot, if the screen refresh rate is too low, then it could be quite straining for your eyes, which really harms more than anything else. On the same screen, click on Advanced Settings, from the new pop-up, under Monitor, set the screen refresh rate to some value more than 75 Hertz. And select the highest color. Now we are done with the laptop screen resolution settings and it’s refresh rate.
Resolution Based On Laptop Size
|Laptop Screen Size||Screen Resolution|
|13- to 15-inch standard ratio laptop screen||1400X1500|
|13- to 15-inch widescreen laptop screen||1280 × 800|
|17-inch widescreen laptop screen||1680 × 1050|
When It comes to CRT monitors, it’s a bit different in terms of screen size and resolution, here’s how to work it out
Same goes for the CRT monitors too, it’s no big deal to set the best screen resolution settings for a CRT monitors too.
- Choose the best/highest screen resolution.
- Set the Screen refresh rate to some value higher than 75 again. And choose the highest color settings to get the best screen resolution settings for your CRT monitor. However, here’s a chart you should follow to choose what’s worthy to your eyes.
If the object over screen are appearing too small or too big, same screen(Control Panel\Appearance and Personalization\Display\Screen Resolution), click on Make text and other items larger or smaller to get the desired size.
Or if you are a noob like me, on the same screen(Control Panel > Appearance and Personalization > Display > Screen Resolution), click on What display settings should I choose? for Microsoft offline guide to support you.
Resolution based on monitor size
|Monitor Size||Screen Resolution|
|15-inch monitor||1024 × 768|
|15-17-inch monitor||1280 × 1024|
|20 –inch or larger||1600 × 1200|
Must read: Share Keyboard and Mouse Between Two Computers.