Creating a Facebook Page is certainly one of the most popular advertising modes today. Most of the businesses, whether online or offline are now creating Facebook pages to promote their products and services worldwide. All new products, offers and news are update on the Facebook pages which bring huge traffic to the websites.
But do you know it is not necessary that everything you post on your website goes reaches your fans? Yes this is the fact!!
Most of the time we think that creating a Facebook Page and updating it daily is enough for the promotion but actually it is not. You need to check whether your update is reaching your fans or not, if not then it is of no use to share your offers and products on your FB page. According to the stats, only 16% of your fans get your page update. Do you know the reason?
The reason is the set FB Algorithm EdgeRank which determines the ‘Top News Feed’ to be displayed on FB.
I know what your next question is?
You will be now asking me “then how make our posts reach our fans”. I have a solution. Keep reading to know more about ‘How to Make Posts Viral at Facebook‘.
How EdgeRank selects the Top News Feed
Recently, weight and affinity are three measures used by EdgeRank to determine the News Feed.
- Affinity - It is based on how often your post is liked or commented by the users. How often the users interact with your updates. It means that the user who often like or comments on your updates or pictures are more likely to get your updates on their pages.
- Weight - EdgeRank gives weight to certain types of updates like photos, videos and links and those are most likely to appear on fan’s timeline.
- Recent posts - Most recent posted updates are considered more important than your older posts and are likely to be shared on your Fan’s pages.
Now let me tell you what you should do to make your posts up to the mark of EdgeRank.
- Put up the Right Questions - putting up questions is surly a good way to increase the affinity of your post. Ask right type of questions from your fans. Your questions must encourage the fans to answer the question and to interact on your page.
- Talk to your fans - If you want to create the engagement on your page you need to talk to your fans. If your fans are commenting on your post but you are not interacting with them well, it’s of no use. Create longer discussion threads.
- Use Higher – Weight items - As I stated above, items like photos, videos and links have more weight according to EdgeRank. Try using appealing photos and videos to make your update more attractive.
- Maintain gap - Posting too often usually irritate the fans and thus make sure you don’t post too often. Maintain a routine.
I hope you all agree with the tips I have mentioned above. Trust me all of them work. I am not just suggesting these tips to you after some research but I, myself have used them and noticed the difference.
Do try these tips and make sure your updates reach your fans; otherwise what is the use of making a Facebook page or sharing any updates there.