The vast web is full of lots of problems, but the solution are always around if you are a good seeker. One such problem out of many is “This Webpage has a redirect loop” aka Error 310 (net::ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS): there were too many redirects. Every-time I try to reach my Gmail account in Google Chrome, this redirection loop was avoiding me to get access to it. Have you ever faced this problem, where a user every-time is redirected to this web page shown below, instead of normal functioning?
Although, the solution is displayed right there on the web page itself which suggests the user to clear the cookies and try the URL again, if and only if, the problem is not from the servers side.
So Here’s, how to implement the procedure to get rid of this error.
Our aim is to clear out the cookies, that should solve our problem. Follow this tutorial to clear the cookies.
- In Google Chrome web browser, click on the wrench icon located to the top right.
- Choose Options, from the drop down menu.
- A new Google Chrome Tab with web browser’s personal settings will open, choose Under the Hood.
- Under the Privacy, click on Content Settings.
- From the new menu, listed under Cookies, choose All Cookies and site data.
- There you’ll see all the cookies and other data is listed, it is the locally stored data about some frequently visited web pages upon clearing of which, we can hope for the solution of the above problem.
- To clear the cookies and other data, click on Remove All button
- Close the settings tab completely. Restart the Google Chrome web browser. Here we are done clearing the web browser’s cookies.
Now, try to re-open the web page which was showing the error shown in the image above. If it’s resolved, very well, if not, you can also try some other tool like CCleaner to clear out the cookies and other data from the web browsers directories, where all cookies are stored. Now it should have probably solved our problem.
This problem might not occur when you’ll try a different web browser to access the URL, but switching web browser to access a URL cannot be considered as a solution to the problem.
But as said earlier, problem will be solved if it’s on client side, if it is the server side issue, I would recommend you to try joining one of these forums to resolve your problems.
Tip: Browse Without Leaving Any Records.
Do let me know if you still face any problem?