There are times, when some troubleshooting requires you to start computer in safe mode. Safe mode is a mode which is generally used for troubleshooting problems. So how to start Windows PC in Safe mode to cure out the problems we are facing with some drivers and programs.
Similar article: What is God Mode.
Start Windows PC in Safe Mode
Will tell you about it’s uses later and why we boot computer in safe mode, but first here are the steps to boot computer in safe mode. Make sure that you are having the administrator right to get access to the Safe Mode.
- First of all, remove all external devices plugged in to the computer, like Flash drives, CD, Floppy Disks and more.
- Restart the computer, Start button > click the arrow in front of Shut down > Restart.
- Now if your computer has only one operating system, then press and hold F8 key before the Windows Logo appear. Make sure you perform the step before the Windows Logo appear.
- And if you are the user, using multiple operating system, then highlight the operating system you want to boot in safe mode and follow the step mentioned above, that is, press F8 before the Windows Logo appear.
- Now there on the Safe Mode screen, there are some other options too, like Safe Mode, Safe Mode with networking, Safe Mode with Command Prompt, Start Windows normally, Last Known Good Configuration and more.
- Use the arrow key to move to Safe Mode option and hit enter to boot into the safe mode.
- Now your computer is booted into safe mode in which only necessary drivers and program are booted which are required to safe working of a Safe Mode. Like you won’t be able to connect to the internet in the Safe Mode option. Where the last option, Safe Mode with Command Prompt, only allows the users the command prompt access.
- If you want to access the internet in Safe Mode, then choose the second option that is Safe Mode with Networking and you are ready to use Internet in Safe Mode.
How To Get The Normal Mode Back?
Want the normal mode back? Just restart the computer and you are out of Safe Mode.
Why We Need To Boot Computer In Safe Mode
- If you are facing any problem regarding drivers and programs which are not working properly, requires Safe Mode to troubleshoot them.
- Helps in restoring the system, sometimes we install some programs which does not work properly and requires system restore via Safe Mode and there are lots of advantages of Safe Mode.
Facing any problem regarding the Safe Mode issue, do let me know, will try my best to help you out.
Warning – Do not use it for general purpose or for fun.