Google has always been the first choice to look for different apps and features. Google Plus is one its most popular services lately. Right from the day of its inception, Google Plus has been using by people and most used feature is the Google Hangout. Google Plus Hangout is the built-in the video chat which enables up to 10 users to have a personal Hangout.
Good news is that Google Plus has some good mobile apps and certain mobile phone platforms now support the Google Plus Hangouts. Only thing you need is a good speed internet. Keep on reading to know more about the Google Plus Hangouts on your mobile phone.
Mobile App Limitations
Though you can have fun with Google Plus Hangout on your cell phone but there are certain features which are not available for the mobile phone such as YouTube Video sharing, gaming and text chatting etc. You can however, toggle between your front and rear camera, use messenger and also send invites to others from your mobile phones during a hangout session.
Requisites For Hangouts On Mobile Phones
Google Plus Hangouts were primarily launched only for the Android based Smartphones but later it was also made available for the devices running on iOS. So if you want to enjoy the Google Plus Hangout on your mobile phone you must have a Smartphone running on either Android OS or running on iOS. Make sure that your mobile devices have a front facing camera.
How To Start A Hangout On Mobile Phone
You can start the Google Hangout from your mobile phone in two different ways. First way is through Google Plus Messenger.
If you are chatting with your friends through the Google Plus Messenger you can immediately switch to the Hangout by clicking on a camera icon on the top right corner of the screen. As soon as you click that icon, an invitation for the Hangout will be sent to the friend you are chatting with.
In case you are not on Google + messenger and want to start the Hangout, you have to click on the Hangout icon on the top left corner of your screen,
During a Hangout
Google presents many different controls for you during the Google Hangout on mobile phone. These controls include –
- Toggle between the front and rear camera of your mobile phone. To have this control you can use the icon of a camera with arrow.
- You can mute the audio anytime during the hangout and to use this feature you need to click the microphone icon.
- You can turn your camera off temporarily if you want to be invisible for a specific duration during your Google Plus hangout. Just click the camera icon to have this control.
- One special feature in Hangout on mobile phone is that during the Hangout with multiple users, the camera switches automatically to the person talking. To have this control, you just need to tap twice on that particular person’s profile picture and then tap on ‘pin’ icon.
- If you don’t want to interact any person during the Hangout, you can block him/her just by tapping on his/her picture and then click on ‘Block’. The person you have blocked will get a message saying that you have blocked him/her.
This is an excellent app among the multitude of apps being launched for the mobile phones. The mobile phones are not a device just to make and attend a call anymore. It is lots more now and actually not less than a Personal Computer.