It is basically a type of small information of web site which is stored in the hard disk of your PC when you open any web site with using any browser. Generally we can say that it is a record book of your performance which you performed, by using a particular browser.
Related Topic: Speed up Firefox browser editing about:config.
Uses of Cookies:
In previous discussion we say that when we open any web page the browser store some information about this page and the next time (even after turn off ) when we further try to visit this page the stored cookie helps us to access this page more efficiently. Actually it provides a comfortable path to access our important (most visited ) web pages.
How cookies work?
At the time of opening a web page,a command of HTML document tells the browser to save the cookie with certain name or value. When you open any web page, this page will ask your browser to check your cookie’s vault if it exists or not, if not, a new cookie is created on your browser. Cookies are run in CGI & JAVACRIPTS.
What type of information are stored in cookies:
Some common information are stored in every internet cookies:
- Name: The name of cookies.
- Value: The information stored in the cookies.
- Path: In which path cookies information interact.
- Domain: Which domain you accessed.
- Created:In which time and date cookies are created.
- Expire information: how long your cookies are valid in your browser.
How you can remove cookies from your browser:
The remove process is different for every browser. Here we describe the remove process (remove cookies) for some particular browsers:
REMOVE COOKIES FROM GOOGLE CHROME:
REMOVE COOKIES FROM MOZILLA FIREFOX:
1. Click on the ‘TOOLS‘ option.
2. Select on the ‘OPTION‘.
3. Click on ‘PRIVACY’.
4. Click on ‘show COOKIES‘.
5. Then you get a new window ‘COOKIES’, here you can see all cookies in your Mozilla Firefox.
6. If you want to remove all cookies then click on ‘REMOVE ALL’. If you want to remove a particular cookie then click on this particular cookie and click ‘REMOVE’.
How you can block cookies from your browser:
Using the process below you can block the cookies from your browser:
BLOCK COOKIES FROM GOOGLE CHROME:
1. Click on ‘TOOLS MENU’.
2. Select ‘OPTION’
3. Select ‘UNDER THE HOOD’.
4. Now you get ‘COOKIE SEETTING’ option.Click on this option then select ‘BLOCK ALL COOKIES’.
Now the Cookies are blocked from your Google chrome browser.
BLOCK COOKIES FROM MOZILLA FIREFOX:
1. Click on the ‘TOOLS’ option.
2. Select on the ‘OPTION’.
3. Click on ‘PRIVACY’.
4. Then you get ‘ACEPT COOKIES FROM SITES’, to block all the cookies you have to ‘DISABLE ‘this option.Then all the cookies are blocked from your Mozilla Firefox browser.
5. If you want to block a cookie for particular web site click on ‘EXCEPTIONS’,then you get a new window ‘Exceptions-Cookies’, and you should get a space with title ‘Address of web site’.Here you can write the address of that web site whose cookie you want to block.
6. Click on ‘BLOCK’ option.