Have you ever needed to share a file with a friend, family or co-worker and wondered the quickest way to do so? There are many options available to you both on the Web and on your desktop. We’re going to show you an extremely quick way to share files by using a service called Jumpshare.
So, let’s get started.
1. Jumpshare does not require any type of registration, so just head on over to the website. It’s a good idea to add it to your bookmarks for quick access.
2. You can either drag and drop the file(s) that you want to share to the Jumpshare cloud area on the website (see image below), or click on the “select files to share” button and navigate to the file(s) on your computer.
3. Immediately, your file will be ready to share and you’ll be taken to a sharing page. On this page you can email the file, share it on social networks (Facebook, Twitter, Google+) and get a short URL for it.
This page will also give you information about the file like the date it was uploaded to Jumpshare and the date it will expire (files are only saved for 2 weeks). You can also see the file size.
4. Clicking on the file will open it in full view and allow you to download, share or remove it as well.
So, that’s all there is to file sharing with Jumpshare and in under a minute! Just drag and drop your file and get a URL to share. It doesn’t get much easier or quicker than that!
If you’re looking for services similar to Jumpshare you may also want to try:
- Let’s Crate - Drag and drop files into the crate and share via a short URL.
- WeTransfer - Select files from your computer and enter the recipient’s email address to share.
- Fly Upload - Drag and drop files or click to browse files on your computer and get a short URL or share by email.
- Just Beam It - Drag and drop files or select from your computer and get a short URL.
- Minus - Drag and drop files or upload from the Web; there are also browser extensions and a bookmarklet for even quicker file upload.
- BayFiles - Select files from your computer to share.
What is your favorite way to share files quickly? Do you use Jumpshare or another similar service?